Vilniaus 160, LT-6298 Šiauliai, Lithuania
Telephone: +370 41 52 45 04
Fax: +370 41 50 43 40
Mr. Romas Jautakis
Preserves documents of regional state, municipal, non-state institutions, enterprises and individuals of the Šiauliai, and Panevežys counties from 1945 until the present day. Archives is also involved in supervision of records management of local public institutions.
At present, the documents preserved in the Archives occupy approximately 6 900 linear metres of shelving space. The fonds preserved in the Archives comprise several large sets:
- Documents relating to the period of the Republic of Lithuania (1918–1940): fonds of Šiauliai Municipality dated 1926–1933, and documents of Šiauliai Tax Inspectorate dated 1938–1940.
- Nazi occupation period (1941–1944): documents of the Panevėžys county and district courts, labour inspectorates, Biržai and Panevėžys county tax inspectorates, industrial enterprises and factories, directorates of state forests, vocational schools, and other institutions;
- Documents relating to the Soviet occupation periods (1940–1941 and 1944–1990): documents of the local governments, justice, planning, statistics, finance, construction, transport, trade, education, culture, health care institutions, industrial enterprises, collective farms, state farms, public organisations, and other institutions that operated in Šiauliai and Panevėžys counties;
- Fonds relating to the period of independence (since 1990): documents of the state institutions and local governments, other organisations and institutions, industrial enterprises, as well as non-governmental institutions, private legal entities that were and still are functioning on Šiauliai and Panevėžys Counties.
- A set of personal collections of writers, engineers, scientists, prominent figures in culture, health care, or education – those who resided or are still residing in Šiauliai and Panevėžys Counties.
_ _ _