1. Map of Kaunas guberniya. 1883.
2. Plan of Pandėlys typical small town, where the
majority of residents were Jewish. 1889.
3. List of real estate owners of Pandėlys. 1889.
Regulation of the status and taxation of the Jewish
4. Statute for the abolition of the Jewish kahals and
subordination of the Jews to local municipalities. Fragment of the document. December 19,
5. List of Kaunas guberniya Jewish communities, formed
after the abolition of kahals in 1844.
6. Statute for the Jewish farmers. Fragment of the
document. December 26, 1844.
7. Statute for the collection of box tax. Fragment of
the document. December 19, 1844.
8. Regulations of the collection of candle tax.
Fragment of the document. 1845.
9. A letter of the governor of Kaunas guberniya
concerning taxation of wearing traditional Jewish outfit. Fragment of the document. March
10. A decree on taxation of wearing jarmulke. 1848.
11. Letter of Vilnius gover-general to Kaunas
governor about the project of distribution of the Jews into categories of useful and
Statistics of the Jewish population.
Revision, family and tax payers lists
12. Distribution of Kaunas guberniya population
according to religious denomination (data of 1897 census).
13. Distribution of Kaunas guberniya population
according to religious denomination. 1901.
14. Statistics of Kaunas guberniya Jewish prayer
houses and clergy. 1888.
15. Revision list of Kaunas kahal. 1816.
16. Revision list of Vilijampole kahal. Fragment of
the document. 1834.
17. Kėdainiai kahal taxpayers list. Fragment of the
18. Family lists of Kėdainiai Jewish community.
19. Panevėžys box taxpayers list. Fragment of the
20. Laižuva box taxpayers list. Fragment of the
21. Petition of Šiauliai Jews to Kaunas governor
regarding relocation to Kherson guberniya. 1845.
22. Roll of Jews willing to become farmers on state
land in Kaunas guberniya. Fragment of the document. 1845.
23. List of the Jewish farmers of Baltmiškis estate
in Raseiniai county. 1860.
24. Petition of
Seredžius town dweller R.Barov to Kaunas governor regarding the extension of the term of
eviction from Pagausantis estate. 1912.
25. Recruitment list of Kėdainiai district.
Fragment of the document. 1868.
26. Complaint of Kėdainiai town dweller Zakhariya
Blumberg regarding unlawful conscription of his son Shimel. 1850.
27. Certificates issued to Jewish conscripts: M.
Brener from Kavarskas, O. Smidt from Anyksciai, E. Port from Ukmergė, B. Margolis from
Svėdasai, C. Muler from Anyksciai, Ch. Gelman from Anyksciai, L. Likhtenstein from
28. Passport of Ovsey Ber Kagan, member of Akmenė
Jewish community in Šiauliai county. 1914.
Educational and professional activities
29. Report of the director of elementary schools of
Kaunas guberniya to the governor regarding the detection of a clandestine school ran by
Leizer Brauer in Pakruojis. 1893.
30. Melameds certificates of Z. Lubocky from
Vidzi, I. Berman from Salakas, I. Zak from Anyksciai, S. Vain from Plunge, I. Damsky and
K. Fisher from Vilijampole, I. Gordon from Jonava. 19031914.
31. Certificate of a merchant of the 3rd guild issued
to Rocha Merkeliova. 1852.
32. Certificate issued by Kaunas Jewish hospital to
Girsh Rozenblat confirming his qualification. 1852.
33. Certificate of a pharmacist issued to Rafail
34. Certificate of a qualified furrier issued to the
member of Židikai Jewish community Girsh Pres. 1878.
35. Application of Rozalya Shatenshtein to open a
36. Certificate of a qualified amber jeweller issued
to the member of Kretinga Jewish community Iosel Shukhet. 1883.
37. Letter of consent given by paramedic Eliash
Alterman to his wife Gitlia to practice midwifery. 1886.
38. Abel Lapins diploma of a doctor of medicine
from Tartu University. 1893.
39. Debora Frumkins certificate of a
pharmacists apprentice. 1910.
40. Shifra Rabinovichs diploma of a doctor of
medicine from Lausanne University. 1912.
Foundation and activities of social
41. Minutes of the meeting of the founders of the
Orphanage of Rabbi I. E. Spector. 1904.
42. Application for the registration of Bureau of
Information for Jewish Emigrants. 1907.
43. Report of the chief of police of Kaunas to the
governor about the activities of the Society for spreading education among the Jews in
44. Statute of Tauragė Needy and Ailing Jews Relief
Society. Fragment of the document. 1909.
45. Application for the registration of the Kaunas
division of the Society of the Lovers of the Jewish Language. 1911.
46. Decision to register Šiauliai Jewish Music,
Drama and Singing Society Gazomir. 1912.
Building of synagogues and prayer houses
47. Project of Taurage prayer school. 1857.
48. Project of Telšiai prayer school. 1861.
49. Project of M. Hausmans prayer house in Kaunas.
50. Project of Skuodas prayer school. 1867.
51. Project of Kaunas Choral synagogue. 1872.
52. Project of the fence and gates of Kaunas Choral
53. Project of Plungė synagogue. 1873.
54. Project of Zarasai synagogue. 1895.
55. Project of Ariogala synagogue. 1902.
56. Decision of Ariogala Jewish community to finance
the repairs of the synagogue with box tax money. 1902.
57. Fragment of the project of Ylakiai prayer school.
58. Fragment of the project of Ylakiai prayer school.